January 25, 2011

Today I thought would be a nightmare…..
I needed to go to the Sports center to get J’s X-rays. Get back to collect J to take him into Tokyo…
Well after seeing ANOTHER Dr. (We shall call him Dr. Competent!) Who did not require that he takes his own X-rays.
Yet another problem with his foot/ankle…..I mean come on already…ANY NEED!!!
So as Miss Garmin and Ms GPS decided to take me the EXTRA LONG way!
So I get to the sports medical center…
I say I have come to collect X-rays.
They say…ID?
I take my Alien card out and hand it over…
They say no this not your X-rays
I say my son’s X-rays…
Seems I had to take J to collect his own X-rays…
Never mind school, Never mind he is not old enough, to drive, drink, vote or even have a bank account here.
His X-rays and his only…..
……Yes I did get the X-rays

While I was driving to the stadium, I was listening to the only English Channel which is American forces channel.
So I am listening away…seems right now kids in Japan are taking exams to get into Kindergarten to High school. They go to shrines that are meant to bring good fortune in exams.
They also eat food that brings luck…Yes I did type , eats food that brings luck….
Pork cutlet sandwiches and Kit Kats…..I kid you not…Kit Kats are classed as good luck food! REALLY!!!

So tonight I went to my 1st book club here.
The book was ok….hated the ending…the beginning and the end where not that great either…
That is a lie…the book was ok (quick easy read)…covered a story that could have gone deeper…but glad it did not…Don’t think I could have coped with it, if it did…
Lovely group of ladies, I met a few new ladies also, which was awesome.
Next month I am hosting Book Club....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Surely this was 24th January? Poor Jamie...tell him we said Hi.