February 14, 2011

Interesting week…
One Dr refused point blank to see J, so had to drive to Tokyo…glad we did but oh my was that a nightmare…even when we had the guy talking us through directions...He really must have thought he was being set up and filmed. Serious he must have.
Started another craft,
Made 2 new recipes
Caught up with one or two people which made me smile
In fact part of Wellies’s email is still making me smile…Well she emails, I really should be looking for a job, I am not looking to hard as I won’t be able to do my 4 gym sessions a week! Too funny…Because I would rather go to work than go to Yoga or the Gym…You Go Wellies…Now I would agree with you if it was not the Yoga or the Gym!!!
J informed me that he does not want meat with his pasta as this is cruel…I am thinking oh no here we go… (Only because I don’t think I could see J turning to Tofu and beans) Ok I said…as we drove to school really did not need to get into that one, but as we get closer to the school he says…it’s cruel to kill cows for pasta sauce, but I do like steak…..Hummmmm Hello, ANY NEED,REALLY!!!!!
Tried a new type of food…I did, and it was good!
Bought G’s Anniversary present so I am on the ball!!!!

I finally decided what I was making for potluck lunch…Potato lasagna (potato gratin to me but the recipe calls it potato lasagna), mini Cornish pasties and a quick trifle. Everything I made turned out better than I expected. So go me!!!!
When making the sauce for the lasagna it looked a bit funny…Don’t worry says MT3 it looks fine just whisk it…I did and I think it ended up on the window, floor, work surface and me!!!
Not a lot left of my trifle…wish there had been cause I do love trifle… small group of ladies came and EVERYONE was from a different country…I thought that was pretty awesome.
The same day G calls me to tell me how went to the Opticians to collect his new glasses. Those who know G, know he is a quiet man and quite laid back…. So he goes to collect them, tries them on and the left lense was wrong…he said it was like a kaleidoscope…he just could not see out of it. Also G is flying the next morning and the glasses have taken a week to be ready So he says this left eye is wrong…hummm no sir it’s correct. G said no it’s not I can’t see from it. Oh you will get used to it in a week and you will see out of it then, was the reply….No I can’t see from the left, he said. Well the manager comes out and asked what the problem was…this lense is totally wrong G told them. The manager said no it’s not.
Well at this point the lense on the left falls out of the glasses. G said look I am flying tomorrow as this lady knows I am not coming back here as I live overseas. G said look I want a refund…Manager said that G needed to calm down… (This really made me laugh…because NOTHING fazes G and I mean nothing if he was any more laid back he would fall over)
Then a Mall cop arrives. The manager told him about G. The Mall cop asked G his side of the story. So G says I know you’re not an optician but please try these on and see if you can see a difference….The mall cop did and he said yes there was a difference. The manager then takes G’s old glasses and the new pair and to the back of the store. He came back and said there is no difference. To which G replied then you’re an idiot….The manager asked the Mall cop if he was going to allow G to call him that and the Mall told G...Sir you can’t call him that..To which G replied, but I am sure he has been called it before…
Well Refund offered, G takes it and the Mall cops follow G outside the store. He asked G if he was leaving the Mall, G asked do I have to. No sir he said but you can’t go back to this store today…G told him he would not be going there ever no mind that day…So no new glasses for G…..
Now If I had been there I am sure I would have been arrested! While G is the calm one I am more vocal.
I know I would not have called him an idiot, I would have used may be 5 words but not one of them is idiot. The Mall cop would not have told me I could not go back inside that store. I would have been banned for life… G is currently in NY and a week today he will be home…it has been a very, very long trip!!!

Friday, after having a lazy day…all I seem to have. Miss G called me and invited J and myself for dinner with her family. She we are having N..... I really can’t remember the word she used, I just know it begins with N. I believe it was a Shabu Shabu type dinner, this where you have a hotpot with boiling water or broth in the middle of the table and you add veggies, meat and fish. It was sooooo nice.
Mrs. H was there also with N3 and her husband.
Once again before I know it, it is after 11 pm….so off I trot home as J has Physiotherapy the next day.

Saturday all ready to go to see the Dr. the Dr. It seems is refusing to see J…I am not even going into that one or I will be here ALL night.
So a appointment has been made in Tokyo…We grabbed some lunch, and headed off on a adventure…yes an adventure!!!
With the help of Miss Garmin and Miss GPS we get to the area we need, but we just can’t find the place we need to be. I call the office and the said where are you?...I said what was around us…well he starts to tell me where I went wrong and what to do…so off I go…I had NO IDEA what he was on about, J was saying there Mom there…I am saying to the guy Huh??? I can’t U-turn what do you mean if I go past a park…scooters…you are joking right...I am starting to get really frustrated at this point. I am sure this guy thought he was being punked!!!...I am sure he must have also thought I was on something…He's saying what can you see around you…My reply a Ferrari and a Porsche…REALLY I did…oh and not forgetting I told him I seen jugglers as well…Yes I did actually say all that…He came out of the building as I stopped outside the correct building as I am saying 'I am outside number #### You close to that I asked'...Yes he said that’s us…
So the only parking space is gone by somebody who is not a patient… So he tells me where else to park…Hummm not likely am I going elsewhere, not sure mate I will find you next week no mind if I go and find a parking space around the corner somewhere
The outcome was looks like J will be on crutches for several more months…Little bit of home work and a new brace…..Yay! NOT!

Then Today Mrs. H and N3, J and I went out for dinner…I drove and found a great space close to the elevator, closer to the restaurant than we thought. We ordered appetizers and main meals…Well the main meals came before the appetizers. J only got a kids portion so we needed to order another meal.
Mrs. H meal eventually turned up…No side orders and no drinks…So I grab somebody’s attention. Happens to be the manager…He then speaks to somebody who was sorted drinks, made sure we had what we need etc etc…the GM then comes over cant apologize enough…The place is pretty empty, I could have cooked dinner in their kitchen quicker than we waited…my chicken was dry, spare ribs drier…
Have to say the GM tried so hard to please his Western customers….We will be going back…and the manager has informed us that our appetizers will come BEFORE the meal next time and side will arrive with the main meal…I mean ANY NEED, REALLY!!!!

No comments: