February 2, 2011

After a nice relaxing Sunday the week started with a bang…
Anything that could go wrong on Monday…even though everything did actually turn out ok, the idea of standing on top of a mountain and screaming my head off really appealed to yesterday.
Before 11 am…..
Woke up my joints seem to be more painful now than they have ever been…
Downstairs toilet problems…who needs electric toilets???
TV problem…no idea how to fix...TV remote, TV instructions all in Japanese…..
Forgot to take meat out for dinner the night before to make dinner in the Crockpot while out…
Too late for the gym (classes started…no were near ready for them!)
Go to vacuum the car, extension doesn’t reach….
Lost iPod……
Vacuum making a noise and kicking it does not make the noise stop…….
Dropped an earring and eventually found it 20 minutes later……
Hem on trousers decided to come down….
I thought the highlight of my day was buying portabella mushrooms and parsnips, but nope…getting away with the fine and points on my license was actually the highlight of my day.
After having Miss Garmin and Ms. GPS try taking me into different directions for the same place, finally getting to the International supermarket…buying my veggies (no butternut squash which was one of the main reasons I was going there) I was happy.
Driving home I knew I needed to stop and get some groceries form the local store.
I come around the corner and I am waved to pull over by a police man…I looked at Mrs. H and said ‘hummm you think I need to pull over’ Yes she said, but act stupid’ …Well that won’t be hard to do.
He asked if I spoke Japanese…I said no. he asked for my license and guess what?...It was not in my purse…not any of the 5 licenses I have…(that is actually a lie, there was my old British license)
So he asked where I lived, I told him. I handed over my Alien card/ID card.
He explained I needed to go to the police station…(which was 200 meters away) and report with my license. He asked at what time…He starts confusing me, which is not difficult.
I call G’s office in the hope somebody can help me. Phone answered… I very sheepishly explain I need some help, I need translation and can you find out how much trouble I am in?
Of course I am told…I hand the phone over and few minutes later, my NEW hero explains the police will let me off this one. Although he is concerned I have no license on me and I never stopped long enough at the stop sign.
Nothing actually topped off the police incident, but one of my favourite knives breaking never made me very happy!
By 7 pm I was more than ready to go to bed and hide on my blankets!

This morning J and I wandered to Mrs. H house to get a ride to school and then after the school drop off we went to what could only be classed as a VERY unique flea market that takes place on the 1st of every month. Mrs. H tells me that we will be there in 20 minutes no traffic, she programmers’ her GPS…1 hour and 44 minutes to destination…hummm ok…we get to see Mount Fuji looking absolutely beautiful as always…The further away from home we get I am convinced we are heading to Korea!
Well we arrive at the car park; take a short walk to the flea market. I have to say there was some REALLY rubbish there…But my friends found some real treasures. I came away with a little something as well
This place you can buy things form ¥100 which is pretty close to a $1 or ¥100000 which I convert to $1,000. I am sure there were items more expensive than that but I was not looking.
There were the most beautiful Obi’s and Kimonos.
When asked what I thought of the place, I said I thought it was interesting, full of rubbish with a few hidden treasures. Seems Mrs. H has an eye for all the treasures and she did really well today.

I decided for dinner I was going to try Quinoa. It looks a bit like couscous and its gluten free.
It does not taste like couscous nor does it cook the same. It was not awful…tasted a bit better than cardboard. So as I have at least 3 more meals worth to use. I guess I am going to have to find ways to make it taste better.

No comments: