December 31, 2010

Well ANOTHER early start this morning. We decided that we were going to try very hard to find J ski clothes for his school skiing trip. As G nor I have ever skied this was another challenge of trying to find the right stuff for less than double of the cost of the ski trip.
I had heard of a outlet mall near Mt Fuji. JH had passed it while driving to Fuji and mentioned it. So I looked it up….This is what was written about it….
A huge outlet mall in Gotemba city, at the foot of Mt. Fuji
Hummm Well it looked like any good outlet in the USA, The shops looked good…but it stopped there!
I thought the idea of an outlet was it was cheaper than the official shops in a normal mall, last year’s clothes, seconds, overstock…Hummmmm NO! It was the normal shop, full priced in the outlet mall.
REALLY, it was. I mean has anyone explained the meaning of outlet…we even have one in Wales. REALLY we do...McArther Glen in Bridgend, advertising designer labels at 60% discount…REALLY
So somebody needs to poke somebody here and explain..While your outlets look lovely..you have no idea of what an outlet is!
Sooooo….We did actually mange to get J his skiing stuff. We managed to get the jacket, trousers and some kind of ski vests and leggings. All this for less than the cost of the jackets we had seen.
While it was cheaper, it was the only kids ski stuff we had found. Not on sale and only 3 in stock.
Next we need to get the goggles and stuff. Not worried about them, you can find them everywhere here.

So after feeling extremely pleased with ourselves we headed home…the long way round.
When we got home I decided I was going to make cinnamon rolls. While they tasted good, Cinnamon Bon Have nothing to worry about.

It is New Years Eve here right now. At the end of our street is a shrine, a shrine to what I have no idea. Outside as I type they are getting ready for tonight’s festivities. I have been told that outside our house will be very busy. There will be lots of people celebrating New Year. I am hoping they don’t make too much noise, I mean I might want to go to sleep and hearing a load of jabbering and chatting …that I can’t understand will do my head in!
So I have been thinking of New Year resolutions’ came up with one or two that I might try and do.
I have also thought of a few things I would like to do. One is make a cook book for myself but each recipe dedicated to somebody. Know whether I will actually get off my backside and do this is another thing.



Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year and a fantastic 2011….REALLY I do.

No comments: